Flower Care Tips
Fresh Flower Care Tips
- Remove tape and keep your handwritten card.
- Remove and recycle bouquet wrappers (if any) and place flowers into a vase with clean water
- Keep fresh flowers away from direct sunlight or heat or in rooms with high humidity
- Remove any foliage that falls below water line over time
- Change water every 2-3 days or when the water turns cloudy
- Cut about 1-2cm of the stems diagonally every time you change water or when you see the end of the stems turning soggy
- Add flower food to water to make the flowers last longer
- Enjoy your fresh flowers before they start to wither. If you do decide to dry them for keepsake, hang the flowers upside down and allow it to air dry for a week. Keep them away from direct sunlight to prevent further discolourisation.
Conscious about your glass jars, bouquet wrappers and wooden sticks
To reduce waste, we avoid buying new wooden sticks as much as possible and sun dry leftover flower stems as a stick to attach your card to.
As part of adopting a circular packaging system, recycled jars are collected from our community and used for our jar arrangements. Most of them have lids provided so that you can still use the jars for other purposes.
Bouquet wrappers are either sustainably-sourced kraft paper or recycled bouquet wrappers collected from our community. If you have bouquet paper wrappers, please recycle them as much as possible.
Find out more about what we are conscious about here, and how you can get rewarded for recycling your glass jars and bouquet wrappers with us here. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more updates.
❀ ❀ ❀
Dried & Pressed Flower Care Tips
- It is normal for your florals to discolourise over time as they are natural with no preservatives added to them. If you would like their natural colours to last longer, keep it away from direct sunlight or heat
- Keep your flowers in a well-ventilated place and avoid storing them in places with high humidity. Ensure your flowers do not get wet in any way.
- For Floating Florals, avoid shaking the frame excessively to ensure florals stay in place
- For Floating Florals, only remove the back of the frame and florals when you are certain that you would like to use the frame for something else (e.g. as a photo frame instead)
Conscious about your packaging
Floating Florals are wrapped in sustainably-sourced kraft paper. Do recycle your paper wrappers as much as possible too.